January 19, 2020
  • 4:02 pm Man City players dominate Premier League’s team of season
  • 3:56 pm Morado out indefinitely after aggravating shoulder injury
  • 3:46 pm NCAA: EAC bags 2nd win, sends Mapua to 3rd straight loss
  • 3:21 pm UST coach Ayo says Rike statement ‘unfair’
  • 3:21 pm Manny Pacquiao partners with Mayweather adviser Al Haymon

first_imgPrince George Mayor Shari Green told the paper that she wanted the conversation, as she stresses that it’s not only her city that has a high crime severity ranking in northern B.C. She hopes the dialogue will revolve around each community’s individual and shared challenges, and leads to action plans. According to the 2011 index, FortSt. John is ranked 11th, while Dawson Creek is 23rd.To read the full article by the Prince George Citizen, click here.- Advertisement –last_img

READ MORE

first_imgJamie Carragher has told talkSPORT John Stones should turn his back on Chelsea and stay at Everton.The England central defender is wanted by the reigning Premier League champions, who have so far had two bids rejected, but the Anfield hero has urged the 21-year-old to remain on Merseyside.Carragher told Drivetime: “Every player should want to play at the highest level and win trophies, play in the Champions League and play for his country. That’s the aim of every player. It’s just [a question of] what is the right time for the player to go.“I think the right thing for John Stones would be to play for another couple of years at Everton. He’s playing really well but you have ups and downs as a young player, especially as a defender where you can make a couple of mistakes, give away a penalty, and your confidence goes. That’s part of being a defender and learning your trade.“I think it would be better for him to know he’s almost guaranteed to play week in, week out for Everton, go through those times with Everton, and then when he eventually gets his move to a top English club, as he will do, he’ll be going there a bit more experienced, a better player, and a bit more mature in his game.“When you get to that really top level, any little mistake, anything that’s not quite right, can cost your team a draw, or you drop three points, and that can end up costing a team the league title, or seeing them knocked out the Champions League.“You don’t want to be learning on the job when you’re at a top club. I think it would be better for him to spend another couple of years at Everton and then make that move.”last_img read more

READ MORE

first_imgBUSINESS: Forecasters are predicting some chilly weather for Donegal over the next few days, so there’s never been a better time to avail of some incredible bargains on coal at Watson’s.As we all know the Irish weather is very, very unpredictable – and heading into May, we didn’t expect to be wrapping up to combat the ice cold elements. However, that’s the reality, but thankfully Watson’s have you covered when it comes to providing fuel at great prices.You can buy THREE 20kg bags of Premium Grade Smokeless Coal, which will also be delivered to you, all for just €27!The deal is available only while stocks last, so make sure and avail of this incredible offer NOW!Call Watson’s now on 074-91-67777 and order your coal today! WATSON’S WEEKLY WONDER – GET THREE 20KG BAGS OF COAL FOR JUST €27 was last modified: April 26th, 2016 by Mark ForkerShare this:Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)Click to share on LinkedIn (Opens in new window)Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)Click to share on Pocket (Opens in new window)Click to share on Telegram (Opens in new window)Click to share on WhatsApp (Opens in new window)Click to share on Skype (Opens in new window)Click to print (Opens in new window) Tags:BusinesscoaldealnewsWatsonsweatherlast_img read more

READ MORE

first_imgAlan, pictured with his wife JoeThe friends of the late Alan McSherry will be holding a ‘paddle out’ in Bundoran bay at the area between The Peak surf break and the Boat Quay in the town at 7pm this evening.The 48-year-old died in a hit-and-run incident outside the town on Sunday.“We are doing this in memory of our great friend,” said a Bundoran Surf Company spokesman. “The Paddle out is open to all and additional suits and boards will be made available to those who may not have them. ”Alan was a keen surfer.His body was found by his wife Jo around 5am on Sunday on a narrow road leading to their home.  SURFERS TAKE TO THE WATER IN TRIBUTE TO HIT-AND-RUN VICTIM ALAN was last modified: August 28th, 2013 by John2Share this:Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)Click to share on LinkedIn (Opens in new window)Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)Click to share on Pocket (Opens in new window)Click to share on Telegram (Opens in new window)Click to share on WhatsApp (Opens in new window)Click to share on Skype (Opens in new window)Click to print (Opens in new window)last_img read more

READ MORE

first_imgTHE DIRECTOR of Public Prosecutions is considering whether or not to bring charges in the case of Denis Donaldson, the former IRA and Sinn Fein shot dead by dissident terrorists in Donegal more than six years ago.The former senior Sinn Fein official had confessed to spying for police Special Branch and secret service MI5 just months before he was killed.Donaldson, 56, was murdered in his remote home at Classey, Cloghercor, outside Glenties on April 4th 2006. He had been operating as a British spy for 20 years and was shot four times in the chest, face, arm and hand in a rented cottage.Although there have been three arrests relating to Donaldson’s brutal murder, nobody has ever been charged in connection with it.Two were arrested in Donegal and a third man – a leading dissident – in Derry.Supt Michael Finan told an inquest in Letterkenny today that a file on the Donaldson killing had been submitted to the DPP.Further information had been sought by the DPP and given to him by Gardai, he said.The case was adjourned until September at which point Coroner Denis McCauley said he hoped to be in a position to have a pre-case hearing, if there weren’t any charges brought.Witness statements in the case were handed in by a state solicitor to the coroner today.The family’s solicitor Ciaran Shiels told Mr McCauley that they “took some comfort” from the terms of reference in which a future inquest would take place.This would include an examination of Mr Donaldson’s life whilst living in the North as well as information on all who met him in the days before his death in the Co Donegal cottage.DPP CONSIDERING CHARGES IN DONALDSON MURDER, INQUEST HEARS was last modified: March 21st, 2013 by BrendaShare this:Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)Click to share on LinkedIn (Opens in new window)Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)Click to share on Pocket (Opens in new window)Click to share on Telegram (Opens in new window)Click to share on WhatsApp (Opens in new window)Click to share on Skype (Opens in new window)Click to print (Opens in new window) Tags:DPP CONSIDERING CHARGES IN DONALDSON MURDERINQUEST HEARSlast_img read more

READ MORE

first_imgChris Borland was a hard-hitting linebacker during his four years at the University of Wisconsin, and his one season with the 49ers. He is no longer a linebacker. But he still packs a wallop.Borland, who retired from football after his rookie season in the NFL, fearing for his cognitive well-being, testified Tuesday before a U.S. House subcommittee, according to the website Deadspin. It is Borland’s contention that football organizations “manipulate the science of brain injuries” (Deadspin’s …last_img

READ MORE

first_imgThe former financier turned chef will be accompanying the Brand South Africa team to Davos for the annual World Economic Forum meeting. Host of the popular Africa on a Plate TV series, Lentswe will be introducing guests at a Brand South Africa hosted dinner in Davos to the flavours of Mzansi.Chef, former banker, MC and a man who believes in giving back, Lenstwe Bhengu believes that following your dreams is the only way to fulfilment. He left the security of his high powered career in finance to study the culinary arts. As he told BONA magazine, “The thought of walking away from a comfortable job to start something new was scary and exciting at the same time. However, I knew that I had ignored my dream for a long time. So, in 2011, I quit my job and enrolled into a culinary school.”He trained at the prestigious The Culinary Academy in the Cape Winelands before working in prominent kitchens like the Savoy Cabbage, The Roundhouse, Saucisse Deli. Despite the long hours and demanding environment Bhengu knew he had made the right choice.He has been cooking since he was eight, following his mother around the kitchen. One of his prize possesions is a blank recipe book he received from her. “My mom told me to go and fill it up with all the nice things I wanted to make for my family. I still have it. told me to go and fill it up with all the nice things I wanted to make for my family. I still have it.”“I spoke to my dad and he said to me if you can’t tick yes to all the boxes in your life, that’s what you should change and that’s when I embarked on this journey,” on making the change from finace to food. (Image: Lenstwe Bhengu)Would you like to use this article in your publication or on your website? See Using Brand South Africa material.last_img read more

READ MORE

first_imgAFP official booed out of forum NEXT BLOCK ASIA 2.0 introduces GURUS AWARDS to recognize and reward industry influencers Read Next LATEST STORIES Corpus Christi, Texas—For revered promoter Bob Arum, Jerwin Ancajas reaching the level of success Manny Pacquiao has attained will be too much to ask.Even then, however, the 86-year-old boxing Hall of Famer, believes Ancajas is destined for greatness like his idol and benefactor.“If he (Ancajas) will be able to achieve mini-half of what Manny has achieved, I’d be very happy,” said Arum, who has signed the International Boxing Federation champion to a six-fight contract under his Top Rank Promotions, on Friday.Ancajas caught Arum’s discerning eyes when he fought in the undercard of Pacquiao’s ill-fated defense of the World Boxing Organization welterweight crown in Brisbane, Australia, in July last year.That time, Ancajas stopped Japanese Teiru Kinoshita in the second defense of his 115-pound title.“He’s a really nice kid. Humble and kind just like Manny. And he could really fight.“His life story is somewhat epic like Manny and is dedicated as a fighter. He has the Manny pedigree.”If Ancajas wins impressively, Arum has grand plans for MP Promotions’ first world champion.Apart from more lucrative purses, Top Rank is bent on pitting him against the talent-laden division’s best like World Boxing Organization king Naoya Inoue of Japan and World Boxing Council titlist Srisaket Sor Runvisai of Thailand.ADVERTISEMENT Jaja wants more from self, NU after opening day win over Adamson Manny Pacquiao part of 2019 SEA Games opening ceremony PLAY LIST 00:36Manny Pacquiao part of 2019 SEA Games opening ceremony00:45Onyok Velasco see bright future for PH boxing in Olympics00:50Trending Articles01:29Police teams find crossbows, bows in HK university01:35Panelo suggests discounted SEA Games tickets for students02:49Robredo: True leaders perform well despite having ‘uninspiring’ boss02:42PH underwater hockey team aims to make waves in SEA Games01:44Philippines marks anniversary of massacre with calls for justice01:19Fire erupts in Barangay Tatalon in Quezon City MOST READ Brace for potentially devastating typhoon approaching PH – NDRRMC John Lloyd Cruz a dashing guest at Vhong Navarro’s wedding Globe Business launches leading cloud-enabled and hardware-agnostic conferencing platform in PH FEATURED STORIESSPORTSWATCH: Drones light up sky in final leg of SEA Games torch runSPORTSLillard, Anthony lead Blazers over ThunderSPORTSMalditas save PH from shutout Don’t miss out on the latest news and information. Typhoon Kammuri accelerates, gains strength en route to PH 2 ‘newbie’ drug pushers fall in Lucena sting Slow and steady hope for near-extinct Bangladesh tortoises View commentslast_img read more

READ MORE

first_imgWhat ‘missteps’? View comments Don’t miss out on the latest news and information. Lacson: SEA Games fund put in foundation like ‘Napoles case’ LOOK: Jane De Leon meets fellow ‘Darna’ Marian Rivera LATEST STORIES Manny Pacquiao speaks to the media in Brisbane, Tuesday, June 27, 2017. Pacquiao, is putting his WBO belt on the line Sunday, July 2, against the 29-year-old Australian fighter Jeff Horn. (AP Photo/John Pye)BRISBANE, Australia—For all the claims and glowing reports that Manny Pacquiao is in tip-top shape for his battle with Jeff Horn on Sunday, Dundee Kim dares to go against the flow.“It’s rather strange, but Pacquiao looks like he didn’t prepare the work,” Kim told Filipino sportwriters after the press conference of the “Battle of Brisbane” at Suncorp Stadium on Wednesday. “He’s not ready.”ADVERTISEMENT Kim, a Korean who migrated here and serves as Horn’s conditioning coach, believes the hard work Pacquiao put in in the last three weeks of training camp won’t be enough to keep his World Boxing Organization welterweight crown.READ: Pacquiao-Horn nears selloutFEATURED STORIESSPORTSSEA Games: Biñan football stadium stands out in preparedness, completionSPORTSPrivate companies step in to help SEA Games hostingSPORTSMalditas save PH from shutout“It seems he underestimates Horn, and that’s a mistake.”According to Kim, he’s basing his judgment from what he’d seen in You Tube videos and Facebook posts in the last two months. He also senses Pacquiao’s condition through the color of his face, the eyes, and his movements. Standhardinger arrives from Germany, attends first Gilas practice Kim said he’s talking from experience.READ: Pacquiao out to give former school teacher Horn a boxing lesson“I’m not trying to scare, but my left body is really sore from the pounding I’d been getting from Horn in training.“If he connects without body shield, it’s gonna hurt,” said Kim, adding that he’s going on a holiday after the July 2 title fight to reset and recuperate. “I’ve nothing left, all my energy is gone.”Pacquiao, of course, always oozes with energy for every fight. Unless, Kim turns out to be a psychic or a fitness genius.Sports Related Videospowered by AdSparcRead Nextcenter_img Trending Articles PLAY LIST 00:50Trending Articles00:50Trending Articles00:50Trending Articles02:49Robredo: True leaders perform well despite having ‘uninspiring’ boss02:42PH underwater hockey team aims to make waves in SEA Games01:44Philippines marks anniversary of massacre with calls for justice01:19Fire erupts in Barangay Tatalon in Quezon City01:07Trump talks impeachment while meeting NCAA athletes02:49World-class track facilities installed at NCC for SEA Games MOST READ “His (Pacquiao) feet isn’t moving, his head isn’t moving, his power isn’t ready,” said Kim, who also serves as fitness guru of teams from South Korea, China, and Japan for the past ten years.Conditioning coach Dundee Kim. Photo by Roy LuarcaKim said his task is to develop Horn’s muscle mass and improve his speed through exercises and paddle work.And Kim believes he’s succeeded and Horn will deliver the “biggest shock in the world and throw it upside down.”READ: Two Filipinos in ‘Battle of Brisbane: Pacquiao vs Horn The 49-year-old, who’s a Pacquiao fan and a Christian as well, said Horn is a different animal from Pacquiao’s previous opponents.“The way I’ve trained him, his intensity right from the start all the way up to 12 rounds,” said Kim, who warned Pacquiao that he might get hurt by Horn.ADVERTISEMENT Pagasa: Kammuri now a typhoon, may enter PAR by weekend Cayetano to unmask people behind ‘smear campaign’ vs him, SEA Games Pagasa: Kammuri now a typhoon, may enter PAR by weekend Another vape smoker nabbed in Lucena China furious as Trump signs bills in support of Hong Konglast_img read more

READ MORE

first_imgEl Nido residents told to vacate beach homes Don’t miss out on the latest news and information. Ethel Booba on hotel’s clarification that ‘kikiam’ is ‘chicken sausage’: ‘Kung di pa pansinin, baka isipin nila ok lang’ Pagasa: Storm intensifies as it nears PAR Padda fights off back pains to guide Adamson to first PVL win LOOK: Jane De Leon meets fellow ‘Darna’ Marian Rivera Pagasa: Kammuri now a typhoon, may enter PAR by weekend China furious as Trump signs bills in support of Hong Kong View comments LeBron James #23 of the Cleveland Cavaliers  JASON MILLER/Getty Images/AFPLeBron James has certainly earned enough throughout his career to last multiple lifetimes, but he continues to make smart investments with his money.Among his successful ventures is the emerging build-your-own pizza chain “Blaze Pizza,” which recently opened its 200th branch in just four years—making it the fastest-growing restaurant in the US.ADVERTISEMENTcenter_img Sports Related Videospowered by AdSparcRead Next I mean who doesn’t like pizza 🍕!!!! 🤷🏾‍♂️. 😂😂😂. Ain’t that right @BlazePizza?!?! https://t.co/udZyBCGRUc— LeBron James (@KingJames) July 11, 2017James even appeared as an undercover employee named “Ron” in a viral promotional video for the company.  Khristian Ibarrola /raADVERTISEMENT MOST READ Another vape smoker nabbed in Lucena “LeBron helps us punch in terms of our brand awareness well above our weight,” Blaze Pizza CEO Jim Mizes told Forbes.com.The four-time NBA MVP first invested in the restaurant in 2012, and currently owns 10 percent of the company, the report said.FEATURED STORIESSPORTSSEA Games: Biñan football stadium stands out in preparedness, completionSPORTSPrivate companies step in to help SEA Games hostingSPORTSWin or don’t eat: the Philippines’ poverty-driven, world-beating pool starsIn 2015 James shunned a reported $14-million endorsement deal with fast-food chain McDonald’s to be able to join Blaze Pizza’s marketing campaigns.Since then, “The King” has promoted the innovative pizza place on his social media accounts. Robredo: True leaders perform well despite having ‘uninspiring’ boss PLAY LIST 02:49Robredo: True leaders perform well despite having ‘uninspiring’ boss02:42PH underwater hockey team aims to make waves in SEA Games01:44Philippines marks anniversary of massacre with calls for justice01:19Fire erupts in Barangay Tatalon in Quezon City01:07Trump talks impeachment while meeting NCAA athletes02:49World-class track facilities installed at NCC for SEA Games LATEST STORIES Lacson: SEA Games fund put in foundation like ‘Napoles case’last_img read more

READ MORE