January 19, 2020
  • 4:02 pm Man City players dominate Premier League’s team of season
  • 3:56 pm Morado out indefinitely after aggravating shoulder injury
  • 3:46 pm NCAA: EAC bags 2nd win, sends Mapua to 3rd straight loss
  • 3:21 pm UST coach Ayo says Rike statement ‘unfair’
  • 3:21 pm Manny Pacquiao partners with Mayweather adviser Al Haymon

first_img Cavani ‘agrees’ to join new club and will complete free transfer next summer Man United joined by three other clubs in race for Erling Haaland Banega was one of the standout performers for Argentina in Russia The pair worked together at Sevilla from 2014 to 2016 and it was reported they could link up again now.But, according to Marca, Banega has decided he will stay where he is and not join Arsenal this summer.The 30-year-old and his family are said to be very settled in Spain and he does not want to leave.Sevilla are now considering offering Banega a new contract as his current deal has just two years to run. Arsenal transfer news LIVE: Ndidi bid, targets named, Ozil is ‘skiving little git’ RANKED IN DEMAND Tony Cascarino backs Everton to sign two strikers for Carlo Ancelotti Ever Banega has no plans to leave Sevilla this summer – despite interest from Arsenal.The midfielder has been linked with a move to the Gunners this summer as their new boss, Unai Emery, is keen to work with him. The biggest market value losers in 2019, including Bale and ex-Liverpool star LATEST Kevin De Bruyne ‘loves Man City and wants to keep winning’, reveals father center_img moving on targets targets Where every Premier League club needs to strengthen in January 1 Although Argentina crashed out of the World Cup in Russia somewhat prematurely, Banega was one of the stars for Jose Sampaoli’s side in Russia.As a result, Arsenal fans were divided about whether or not they wanted to see the midfielder sign for the club.Some fans went as far as to say they would ‘win the league’ if he joined, but others insisting the money could be better spent elsewhere. REVEALED Top nine Premier League free transfers of the decade Latest Transfer News from talkSPORT.com LIVING THE DREAM last_img read more

READ MORE

first_imgThis Finn Valley 5k Series kicks off this Sunday at 11am.Should you wish to pre-enter and haven’t done so ——email finnvalley1@gmail.com.  FINN VALLEY 5K SPRING SERIES GETS UNDER WAY THIS SUNDAY was last modified: February 15th, 2012 by BrendaShare this:Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)Click to share on LinkedIn (Opens in new window)Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)Click to share on Pocket (Opens in new window)Click to share on Telegram (Opens in new window)Click to share on WhatsApp (Opens in new window)Click to share on Skype (Opens in new window)Click to print (Opens in new window) Tags:FINN VALLEY 5K SERIESlast_img

READ MORE

first_img11 July 2011Coca-Cola South Africa has opened a new state-of-the-art plant to bottle Valpre Spring Water in Heidelberg, south-east of Johannesburg, introducing the environmentally friendly PlantBottle packaging to the African market for the first time.Selected for its close proximity to markets and distribution sites in the Guateng region, and a similar source water profile as Valpre’s, the new plant will help Coca-Cola meet the needs of the increasing demand for bottled water.“The opening of the new Valpre plant in Heidelberg, and the launch of PlantBottle, supports government’s mandate to create infrastructure, develop skills, increase the number of woman in the workforce and ensure sustainable development,” Water and Environmental Affairs Minister Edna Molewa said at the launch last week.“It is a notable example of the kind of development that we encourage all South African industries to adopt.”Recyclable PET plasticThe plant will make use of Coca-Cola’s innovative PlantBottle packaging, which has revolutionised the beverage industry as the first-ever recyclable PET plastic beverage bottle, made from up to 30% plant material and is 100% recyclable.PlantBottle packaging has a lighter footprint on the environment due to its reduced dependence on non-renewables such as petroleum.South Africa is only the 10th market to launch the bottle in the world, and the first in Africa.Greening the bottling industrySouth African National Bottled Water Association executive director Charlotte Metcalf said both the plant and new bottle significantly advance the bottling industry’s green strategy.“With the new Heidelberg plant, Valpre will reduce its carbon footprint, lower its water usage ratio, adopt energy efficient lighting and production technologies, and boost its solid waste recovery – all while providing its market with a sustainable product packaged in a bottle that takes a giant step towards using renewable resource,” Metcalf said.The new Valpre plant is undergoing Leadership in Energy and Environmental Design (LEED) certification – an internationally recognised programme that is the accepted benchmark for design, construction and operation of high-performance green buildings.The design of facility maximises recycled materials and makes optimal use of water and solar energy. It has a “zero to landfill” target.Empowering womenIn addition to the environmental aspects of the plant and the new PlantBottle, the Heidelberg plant is run by a team of black women operators.In 2010, Coca-Cola CEO Muhtar Kent announced the company’s “5 BY 20” campaign to empower five-million women by 2020. This is one of several programmes in South Africa to meet this challenge.“When we set out in 2009 to build this state-of-the art plant, we did so with the goal of ensuring that the plant reinforced all that The Coca-Cola Company and Valpre Spring Water stand for . unwavering quality and commitment to the sustainability of our environment and communities,” said Coca-Cola South Africa president Bill Egbe.SAinfo reporterWould you like to use this article in your publication or on your website? See: Using SAinfo materiallast_img read more

READ MORE

first_imgmike melanson Before you go freaking out, Facebook’s new facial recognition feature isn’t there quite yet – your latest photobomb won’t result in the victims sending you angry Facebook messages as the service identifies your snarling mug in the background. For now, facial recognition simply means recognizing that a face is present and leaving it at that. The feature, just added last night, hopes to make the tagging process quicker and simpler, as part of a larger effort on Facebook’s part to improve the entire photo uploading, browsing and tagging process.According to Facebook, more than 100 million photos are uploaded daily – a statistic that looks to rival that of YouTube’s 24 hours of video uploaded every minute. In addition to the sheer volume, there is barely a person on the social network that hasn’t been part of the photo uploading process, with 99% of the more than 400 million users having uploaded at least one photo. What Facebook’s new product manager for photos Sam Odio is trying to point out here in his blog post is that uploading photos is massively popular and in need of some streamlining, likely to the benefit of Facebook’s servers. Odio was the founder of Divvyshot, the company behind the facial recognition technology that was acquired by Facebook two months ago. For now, facial recognition will identifiy that a face is present in an uploaded photo, asking the user “Whose face is this?” According to Facebook, the feature is in limited testing, so you may not see it yet, but this and more will be coming for all soon. “Stay tuned,” Odio writes, “for future posts about other work on browsing, uploading and tagging.”We’re hoping this does help to clearly tag photos, rather than ending up with names popping up between two people when you mouse over their rubbing elbows.While others, such as Endgadget’s Tim Stevens, lament that the facial recognition won’t go as far as saying who’s face the software is seeing, we have to say we’re glad Facebook hasn’t taken this leap. And surely, when they do, we’ll see a privacy setting for whether or not we want our face to be identified on any and every photo uploaded to its service, right? Related Posts Facebook is Becoming Less Personal and More Pro… Tags:#Facebook#news#NYT#web center_img A Comprehensive Guide to a Content Audit Guide to Performing Bulk Email Verification The Dos and Don’ts of Brand Awareness Videoslast_img read more

READ MORE

first_imgA senior leader of the All India Forward Bloc (AIFB), who was a Minister in the Left Front government, has joined the Trinamool Congress. After joining the TMC, Paresh Adhikari said that he has joined the party “being influenced by Mamata Banerjee’s movement against the NRC”. Mr. Adhikari, a four times MLA from the Mekhliganj constituency in Cooch Behar district, was the Food Minister in the Left Front Cabinet. While he lost to the TMC’s Arghya Roy Pradhan in the 2016 Assembly elections, he has a strong vote base in Mekhliganj sub-division of Cooch Behar district.However, the AIFB’s State leadership claimed that Mr. Adhikary’s joining the TMC will have no impact on the party. Claiming Mr. Adhikary to be a “political opportunist,” AIFB State secretary Naren Chatterjee said: “His actions have exposed him as a political opportunist. He will get a fitting reply from the people of Bengal.” Local TMC leaders said that Ms. Banerjee’s plan is to “groom Mr. Adhikary for the 2019 Lok Sabha polls”.last_img read more

READ MORE

first_imgA man was arrested for allegedly giving triple talaq to his wife in the Ramraj area here, police said on Wednesday. Tehzib pronounced talaq three times on his wife, Nusrat Jehan, and forced her to leave the house in Nizampur village, they said quoting a compliant filed by Jehan.The incident took place on June 11 and since then Jehan has been living with her parents, police said. The man has been booked under the Muslim Women (Protection of Rights on Marriage) Act, 2019, they said.last_img

READ MORE

first_imgLATEST STORIES Catriona Gray spends Thanksgiving by preparing meals for people with illnesses “It’s unfortunate but at least we extended the game to five sets, and we proved that we can give these other countries a fight,” said Vicente in Filipino. “We just have to work harder in training and push ourselves more so we can be a better team.”“Another important thing for us is that we have the exposure in the international arena.”Yekaterina Zhdanova punished the Philippines with 24 points while Katerina Tatko added 15 for the Kazakhs’ cause.Kazakhtan captain Radmila Beresneva and Alla Bogdashkina put up 14 points apiece.Jaja Santiago spearheaded the Philippines with 18 points while Valdez and Jovelyn Gonzaga combined for 21.ADVERTISEMENT The Filipinos finished the tournament at eight place after three straight losses but they are still ensured of a spot in the 2018 AVC Asian Women’s Volleyball Cup.The Philippines, after spirited efforts in the third and fourth set, floundered in the final set scoring just two attack points.FEATURED STORIESSPORTSWATCH: Drones light up sky in final leg of SEA Games torch runSPORTSSEA Games: Philippines picks up 1st win in men’s water poloSPORTSMalditas save PH from shutoutAdding salt to the wound, Alyssa Valdez’ final attempt hit net to award the Kazakhs’ the seventh place in the tournament.Despite the loss, Philippine head coach Francis Vicente looked at the brighter side of things and said their performance proved they can roll with the other higher-ranked countries. Filipino athletes get grand send-off ahead of SEA Games PLAY LIST 01:27Filipino athletes get grand send-off ahead of SEA Games00:59Sports venues to be ready in time for SEA Games00:45Onyok Velasco see bright future for PH boxing in Olympics01:37Protesters burn down Iran consulate in Najaf01:47Panelo casts doubts on Robredo’s drug war ‘discoveries’01:29Police teams find crossbows, bows in HK university01:35Panelo suggests discounted SEA Games tickets for students02:49Robredo: True leaders perform well despite having ‘uninspiring’ boss02:42PH underwater hockey team aims to make waves in SEA Games UPLB exempted from SEA Games class suspension Brace for potentially devastating typhoon approaching PH – NDRRMC Read Next Photo from asianvolleyball.netBIÑAN, Laguna—Kazakhstan finished as the seventh seed in the AVC Asian Senior Women’s Volleyball Championship after it stopped host Philippines, 25-20, 25-16, 21-25, 21-25, 15-3, Thursday at Alonte Sports Arena here.The Kazakhs, ranked no. 21 in the world, had already beaten the Philippines once in the tournament when the two met in the group stages of the tournament.ADVERTISEMENT SEA Games in Calabarzon safe, secure – Solcom chiefcenter_img LOOK: Venues for 2019 SEA Games SEA Games: PH Archers pluck bronze out of semis heartache View comments Man sworn in as lawyer by judge who sentenced him to prison as a teen 20 years ago WATCH: Streetboys show off slick dance moves in Vhong Navarro’s wedding MOST READ Don’t miss out on the latest news and information. Flags of SEA Games countries raised at Athletes Villagelast_img read more

READ MORE
READ MORE

first_img4th Test, Day 3 Scores(Full scorecard)Brief scores:India 622 for 7 declared (Pujara 193, Pant 159 not out, Jadeja 81, Lyon 4 for 178)Australia 236 for 6 (Harris 79, Handscomb 28 not out, Cummins 25 not out, Kuldeep 3 for 71)Australia trail India by 386 runsCheteshwar Pujara and Rishabh Pant had the honour of having their name etched in history on Saturday, as their knock in the fourth and final Test found their way onto the honours board at the Sydney Cricket Ground.Pujara and Pant also signed beside their names on the board after the pair scored contrasting hundreds on day two.Pujara’s 193 put him on the sixth spot in the list of highest scores by an Asian batsman in Australia, whereas Pant became the first Indian wicketkeeper to score a hundred in Australia with his knock of unbeaten 159.On the Board and with signatures – @cheteshwar1 & @RishabPant777 do the “Honours” at the SCG #TeamIndia #AUSvIND pic.twitter.com/QPBbuCCNxsBCCI (@BCCI) January 5, 2019Pant is now only one of four Indian wicketkeepers – Budhi Kunderan, Nayan Mongia and MS Dhoni – with a 150-plus score in Test cricket.Pujara has scored 521 runs, including three centuries, so far in the series. He has has also faced 1258 deliveries in the seven innings.After his mammoth innings, Pujar said that he is looking forward a good long sleep after the Test match gets over.”I’m still a bit sore and couldn’t sleep well but that’s after all long innings I play, I’m unable to sleep much. Hopefully I can sleep well after this Test match,” Pujara told FOX Sports before the start of play on Day 3.advertisementPujara also said that his father congratulated him for his innings and even though most people said that he missed out on a double hundred, his father was happy with the 193.”He [Pujara’s father] congratulated me. People said I missed out on a double hundred but he said you scored 193 and double hundred is just a number,” Pujara told Mark Howard before the start of Day 3’s play on Saturday.Pant, after end of play on Friday had said that he was nervous when he reached the 90s.”I was a little nervous because when we were playing in India against the West Indies, in the last two innings I got out on 92 both times. I was scared slightly but I got through that phase early,” Pant said.Also Read | Rishabh Pant’s perfect birthday gift for his mother: A record-breaking hundredAlso Read | Still a bit sore, hopefully I can sleep well after this Test match: Cheteshwar PujaraAlso Read | Spotted: Shane Warne advises Kuldeep Yadav before Chinaman bowler’s 3-wicket haullast_img read more

READ MORE

first_img Next It is great: West Indies captain Jason Holder on Chris Gayle’s retirement backflipChris Gayle confirmed on Wednesday that he would be delaying his retirement in order to play the home series vs India after the World Cup 2019. advertisement Associated Press ManchesterJune 26, 2019UPDATED: June 26, 2019 22:53 IST World Cup 2019: Chris Gayle he would be staying on to play ODIs and probably a Test against India in August (Reuters Photo)HIGHLIGHTSGayle said he would be sticking around to play ODI series and a Test against India in AugustHolder said Gayle had broken the news to the media before letting anyone in the dressing room knowWest Indies face India in a must-win World Cup 2019 clash on ThursdayIt was like West Indies skipper Jason Holder was discovering a surprise gift, hearing the news Chris Gayle planned to play on after the World Cup.Holder’s eyes lit up, and he smiled broadly when the subject turned from the must-win World Cup game against India to the prospect of 39-year-old Gayle sticking around to play a series of one-day internationals against India in August and possibly a Test match on home soil.Gayle is a larger-than-life character, and Holder laughed when he reflected Wednesday on the star batsman’s latest surprise.”He didn’t really say anything in the dressing room. But, yeah, it’s great and it’s great for cricket,” said Holder, who found out about the retirement backflip from the team’s media manager. “It’s good to have Chris around. He’s got a lot to offer still. Hopefully, his body can hold up. Hopefully, he can be on the field a bit longer for West Indies.”Asked for how much longer Gayle could continue representing the West Indies, Holder said he’d have to check in first with the veteran Jamaican.”I guess I have to go downstairs and have a serious conversation with him,” Holder said. “But, yeah, if he’s dedicated to playing for West Indies any longer, I feel it’s definitely going to benefit us having him around.”Gayle has scored 25 centuries in 295 ODI matches since his debut in 1999, and 15 centuries in 103 test matches. He averages 38 in the 50-over format, and 42 in the five-day format. When he goes big, he goes really big. His test high score is 333 and his ODI-high 215 against Zimbabwe in 2015 contained 16 sixes, both World Cup records which have been subsequently broken.advertisementHe retired from ODIs for a while, but returned for another shot at the World Cup and his impact on the home series against England in February and March gave a young Caribbean squad belief in its ability to beat the highly-ranked teams.West Indies started well, skittling Pakistan for 105 and then having defending champion Australia reeling, but lost that game and haven’t won since. The five-run loss to New Zealand here last Saturday came down to one shot – Carlos Brathwaite caught on the boundary for 101 trying to hit a six for victory.Gayle scored 87 against New Zealand, his highest score of the tournament to date. He’s promising more against India, and in the following two games which West Indies need to win to have any chance of reaching the playoffs.Also Read | I am definitely up there with greats of West Indies cricket: Chris GayleAlso See:For sports news, updates, live scores and cricket fixtures, log on to indiatoday.in/sports. Like us on Facebook or follow us on Twitter for Sports news, scores and updates.Get real-time alerts and all the news on your phone with the all-new India Today app. Download from Post your comment Do You Like This Story? Awesome! Now share the story Too bad. Tell us what you didn’t like in the comments Posted byAkshay Ramesh Tags :Follow Chris GayleFollow Jason HolderFollow India VS West IndiesFollow ICC Cricket World Cuplast_img read more

READ MORE