Thursday 17 February 2011 8:22 pm Pernod fuelled by rise in demand from Chinese spirit drinkers Share Show Comments ▼ FRENCH spirits manufacturer Pernod Ricard yesterday announced a strong rise in half-year profits for 2010 driven by growth in the expanding Chinese market.The firm reported half-year net profits of €666m (£560m) up from €604m the year before.Asian growth overall was particularly strong with sales up 29 per cent. Pernod said a gradual recovery in North American and western European markets had also helped boost sales. The group reported sales of €4.282bn, compared to €3.789bn in the first half of 2009.Pernod-Ricard’s brands include Absolut, Martell, Jameson, Chivas Regal and Perrier-Jouet. The firm said it had increased its marketing spend over the period. KCS-content Read This NextRicky Schroder Calls Foo Fighters’ Dave Grohl ‘Ignorant Punk’ forThe WrapNew England Patriots’ Cam Newton says no extra motivation from Mac Jones’SportsnautCNN’s Brian Stelter Draws Criticism for Asking Jen Psaki: ‘What Does theThe Wrap’Sex and the City’ Sequel Series at HBO Max Adds 4 More ReturningThe WrapDid Donald Trump Wear His Pants Backwards? Kriss Kross Memes Have AlreadyThe WrapPink Floyd’s Roger Waters Denies Zuckerberg’s Request to Use Song in Ad:The WrapHarvey Weinstein to Be Extradited to California to Face Sexual AssaultThe Wrap’Black Widow’ First Reactions: ‘This Is Like the MCU’s Bond Movie’The Wrap’The View’: Meghan McCain Calls VP Kamala Harris a ‘Moron’ for BorderThe Wrap whatsapp whatsapp by Taboolaby TaboolaSponsored LinksSponsored LinksPromoted LinksPromoted LinksYou May LikeMisterStoryWoman Files For Divorce After Seeing This Photo – Can You See Why?MisterStoryTotal PastThe Ingenious Reason There Are No Mosquitoes At Disney WorldTotal PastSerendipity TimesInside Coco Chanel’s Eerily Abandoned Mansion Frozen In TimeSerendipity TimesBrake For ItThe Most Worthless Cars Ever MadeBrake For ItBetterBe20 Stunning Female AthletesBetterBeZen HeraldNASA’s Voyager 2 Has Entered Deep Space – And It Brought Scientists To Their KneesZen HeraldAlphaCute30 Rules That All “Hells Angels” Have To FollowAlphaCuteDefinitionDesi Arnaz Kept This Hidden Throughout The Filming of ‘I Love Lucy’DefinitionTaonga: The Island FarmThe Most Relaxing Farm Game of 2021. No InstallTaonga: The Island Farm Tags: NULL
Topics: Finance Sports betting Email Address Subscribe to the iGaming newsletter Delaware sports betting revenue soars in February The Delaware Lottery has revealed that sports wagering revenue in the state amounted to $159,800 (£129,331/€144,332) in February, representing a huge year-on-year increase, but a sharp decline on the total generated in January 2020.Revenue in the four weeks through to February 23 was significantly higher than the $22,152 collected in the same month in 2019, but was also 89.4% lower than the $1.5m posted for the January 2020.Consumer spending in February was down by 17.3% year-on-year to $7.0m, as players won a total of $6.8m, compared to $8.5m last year.Delaware Park led the state’s market in February, generating a total of $96,773 in sports betting revenue, a significant improvement on a loss of $28,750 posted in February of last year. This was despite consumer spending falling by 20.8% to $4.2m.Read the full story on iGB North America. The Delaware Lottery has revealed that sports wagering revenue in the state amounted to $159,800 in February, representing a huge year-on-year increase, but a sharp decline on the total generated in January 2020. AddThis Sharing ButtonsShare to LinkedInLinkedInShare to FacebookFacebookShare to TwitterTwitter Regions: US Delaware 30th March 2020 | By contenteditor Finance
Bindura Nickel Corporation Limited (BIND.zw) listed on the Zimbabwe Stock Exchange under the Mining sector has released it’s 2015 presentation results for the half year.For more information about Bindura Nickel Corporation Limited (BIND.zw) reports, abridged reports, interim earnings results and earnings presentations, visit the Bindura Nickel Corporation Limited (BIND.zw) company page on AfricanFinancials.Document: Bindura Nickel Corporation Limited (BIND.zw) 2015 presentation results for the half year.Company ProfileBindura Nickel Corporation is a mining company operating mines and a smelter complex in Bindura, Zimbabwe; engaged in the mining and extraction of nickel, and production of nickel by-products (copper and cobalt). The company’s current projects include a shaft re-deepening project, sub-vertical service winder and main rock winder drives upgrade project, concentrator plant and sub-vertical medium voltage switch room equipment replacement project, and a smelter restart project. Founded in 1966, BNC is a subsidiary of Zimnick Limited and operated and majority-owned by Mwana Africa plc, an African multi-national mining company based in Johannesburg, South Africa. The operating subsidiary of BNC is Trojan Nickel Mine Limited. Bindura Nickel Corporation is listed on the Zimbabwe Stock Exchange
“COPY” JA House / Maria Ines Costa + Filipe Pina Photographs Projects 2014 JA House / Maria Ines Costa + Filipe PinaSave this projectSaveJA House / Maria Ines Costa + Filipe PinaSave this picture!© Joao MorgadoHouses, Renovation•Guarda, Portugal Architects: Filipe Pina, Maria Ines Costa Area Area of this architecture project Photographs: Joao Morgado Manufacturers Brands with products used in this architecture project “COPY” ShareFacebookTwitterPinterestWhatsappMailOrhttps://www.archdaily.com/558279/ja-house-filipi-pina-maria-ines-costa Clipboard Houses ShareFacebookTwitterPinterestWhatsappMailOrhttps://www.archdaily.com/558279/ja-house-filipi-pina-maria-ines-costa Clipboard Manufacturers: Extrusal, Pierinelli+ 37 Share CopyAbout this officeMaria Ines CostaOfficeFollowFilipe PinaOfficeFollowProductsWoodSteelStone#TagsProjectsBuilt ProjectsSelected ProjectsResidential ArchitectureHousesRefurbishmentRenovationGuardaRefurbishmentRenovationHousesWoodPortugalPublished on October 20, 2014Cite: “JA House / Maria Ines Costa + Filipe Pina” 20 Oct 2014. ArchDaily. Accessed 11 Jun 2021.
Remmerswaal Bouwadvies Area: 51 m² Year Completion year of this architecture project ShareFacebookTwitterPinterestWhatsappMailOrhttps://www.archdaily.com/906893/fig-tree-house-bloot-architecture Clipboard CopyAbout this officeBloot ArchitectureOfficeFollowProductsGlassConcrete#TagsProjectsBuilt ProjectsSelected ProjectsResidential ArchitectureHousesLa HayaThe NetherlandsPublished on December 03, 2018Cite: “Fig Tree House / Bloot Architecture” 03 Dec 2018. ArchDaily. Accessed 11 Jun 2021.
Find out how to submit applications from the Conrad N Hilton Foundation The annual Conrad N Hilton Humanitarian Prize of $1 million honours a volunteer, charitable or voluntary organisation that has made extraordinary contributions towards alleviating human suffering.Nominations are sought from throughout the international community and will close January 15, 2000. An independent international panel of jurors will make the final selection; the award will be announced in the fall of 2000. Tagged with: Giving/Philanthropy Volunteering AddThis Sharing ButtonsShare to TwitterTwitterShare to FacebookFacebookShare to LinkedInLinkedInShare to EmailEmailShare to WhatsAppWhatsAppShare to MessengerMessengerShare to MoreAddThis 30 total views, 1 views today AddThis Sharing ButtonsShare to TwitterTwitterShare to FacebookFacebookShare to LinkedInLinkedInShare to EmailEmailShare to WhatsAppWhatsAppShare to MessengerMessengerShare to MoreAddThis Advertisement Conrad N Hilton Humanitarian Prize offers $1 million Howard Lake | 28 October 1999 | News About Howard Lake Howard Lake is a digital fundraising entrepreneur. Publisher of UK Fundraising, the world’s first web resource for professional fundraisers, since 1994. Trainer and consultant in digital fundraising. Founder of Fundraising Camp and co-founder of GoodJobs.org.uk. Researching massive growth in giving.
A fund that helps promote sustainable projects in the Yorkshire Dales has secured and distributed £1 million in its first year.The Sustainable Development Fund started last year in the Yorkshire Dales National Park to promote social, economic and environmental sustainability. It has already attracted just over £1 million which has been spent on a wide range of innovative projects, both large and small, such as the North Craven Composting Scheme, the Youth Hostels Community Recycling Project, and the Dales Renewable Energy Roadshow. The Fund is administered by the Yorkshire Dales Millennium Trust on behalf of the Yorkshire Dales National Park Authority and supports projects and ideas that struggle to find funding elsewhere. These include feasibility studies and mobile equipment. Advertisement Tagged with: Community fundraising AddThis Sharing ButtonsShare to TwitterTwitterShare to FacebookFacebookShare to LinkedInLinkedInShare to EmailEmailShare to WhatsAppWhatsAppShare to MessengerMessengerShare to MoreAddThis Howard Lake | 30 March 2004 | News 23 total views, 1 views today AddThis Sharing ButtonsShare to TwitterTwitterShare to FacebookFacebookShare to LinkedInLinkedInShare to EmailEmailShare to WhatsAppWhatsAppShare to MessengerMessengerShare to MoreAddThis Yorkshire Dales sustainable development fund makes £1m in grants DEFRA has confirmed that further funding will be available to the Authority in 2004/05.Isobel Hall, Sustainable Development Fund Officer, said: “The Sustainable Development Fund is available to individuals, businesses, local authorities and community groups to support sustainable business ideas and community projects that will benefit the special environment of the Yorkshire Dales National Park. “Projects from outside the National Park can also be considered providing they can show a clear benefit to the area. “Particular emphasis is placed upon involving young people, encouraging links between people from different backgrounds, and projects that test new ideas and promote best practice.” About Howard Lake Howard Lake is a digital fundraising entrepreneur. Publisher of UK Fundraising, the world’s first web resource for professional fundraisers, since 1994. Trainer and consultant in digital fundraising. Founder of Fundraising Camp and co-founder of GoodJobs.org.uk. Researching massive growth in giving.
Facebook Twitter Previous articleUSDA Offers Get Out of CRP for Free CardNext articleRyan Martin’s Indiana Ag Forecast for January 4, 2016 Andy Eubank By Andy Eubank – Jan 3, 2017 SHARE RFA Optimistic about Ethanol in 2017 SHARE Home Indiana Agriculture News RFA Optimistic about Ethanol in 2017 ethanol-in-2017Renewable Fuels Association president and CEO Bob Dinneen always has an optimistic outlook when it comes to the ethanol industry, despite the challenges it continues to face, but the outlook seems especially rosy this New Year. In 2017 Dinneen is looking forward to working with the new Trump administration on reforming regulations that are limiting the expansion of higher level ethanol blends.“One that comes readily to mind is the disparate treatment of E10 and E15 and other high level blends with respect to evaporative vapor control, RVP. Right now E10 and E15 are treated differently and it is a huge barrier to the year round use of E15. We really hope that in a regulatory reform effort, that the new administration will be able to provide parity with respect to volatility regulations, free up the market place such that consumers can make the choices that are right for their vehicle and their pocketbook.”With EPA setting 2017 biofuels standards in keeping with the RFS, there is cause for optimism about more progress in cellulosic and advanced biofuels.“For the first time since 2012 EPA has promulgated a rule consistent with the statute with respect to undifferentiated biofuels for corn ethanol,” Dinneen explained, “and at 15 billion gallons it sends an extraordinarily positive signal that we’re going to break through the blend wall, that there’s going to be rising demand for ethanol, that investors can with confidence put money behind new technology and new infrastructure that will empower cellulosic ethanol, other advanced biofuels, and most importantly the infrastructure to grow demand for higher level blends.”Dinneen believes the full potential of the RFS can finally be realized. He also expects ethanol exports to increase this year but doesn’t expect challenges to the industry to go away altogether in 2017. Facebook Twitter
RSF_en Niger: Two journalists arrested in disturbing setback for press freedom Reports July 16, 2020 Find out more News NigerAfrica News May 11, 2021 Find out more Help by sharing this information Follow the news on Niger Organisation November 27, 2020 Find out more The 2020 pandemic has challenged press freedom in Africa The conviction of Niger newspaper editor Moussa Aksar is an attack on investigative journalism February 25, 2003 – Updated on January 20, 2016 Editor of weekly paper released from prison after eight months News Abdoulaye Tiémogo, editor of the weekly Le Canard déchaîné, was released on 18 February after serving an eight-month prison term for libelling Prime Minister Hama Amadou by saying he was corrupt.”I’m going to continue with the paper,” he told Reporters Without Borders, “but now I’ll be a bit more careful.” He was arrested on 18 June last year after a formal complaint by the prime minister, whom he had accused in three articles of trying to corrupt the head of parliament so he could keep his post as prime minister. He was convicted and sentenced on 28 June. Tiémogo had earlier been charged on 19 October 2001 by a Niamey court after criticising agriculture minister Wassalké Boukari for corruption.The privately-owned radio station Nomade FM, which broadcasts in the region of Agadez, 1,000 km northeast of Niamey, was shut down on 11 February for “inciting rebellion” a few days after it invited two former anti-government rebels onto a talk show. Reporters Without Borders urged the government on 17 February to allow the station to reopen at once so its journalists could once more do their job freely. to go further NigerAfrica Receive email alerts
United StatesAmericas United StatesAmericas WhatsApp blocks accounts of at least seven Gaza Strip journalists News Follow the news on United States Facebook’s Oversight Board is just a stopgap, regulation urgently needed, RSF says Receive email alerts Organisation News Reporters Without Borders voices its support for Paul Cobb, the publisher of the Oakland Post newspaper, who has been put under police protection after being told a contract has been put out for his murder. Cobb has been getting death threats since his newspaper’s editor, Chauncey Bailey, was murdered on 2 August 2007. June 7, 2021 Find out more June 3, 2021 Find out more January 31, 2008 – Updated on January 20, 2016 Death threats against Oakland Post publisher amid complications in probe into his editor’s murder News RSF_en Reporters Without Borders is very concerned for the safety of Paul Cobb, the publisher of the Oakland Post, a weekly based in Oakland, California, who was given police protection on 16 January after being told a contract had been put out for his murder. The threat to Cobb appears to be linked to the August 2007 murder of the newspaper’s editor, Chauncey Bailey. A 19-year-old youth confessed to carrying out the murder and then retracted.“We would firstly like to express our support for Cobb and the Chauncey Bailey Project, which he helped to launch,” Reporters Without Borders said. “It is rare for a US journalist to get police protection and it shows that the United States is no more immune to direct attacks on press freedom than other countries.”The organization added: “The repeated threats against Cobb since Bailey’s death clearly refute the theory that it was an isolated act. The sole suspect’s confession and retractions are not sufficient evidence. We are waiting to learn what the investigators have discovered, particularly as regards the local community organisation known as Your Black Muslim Bakery.”An article in the media magazine Editor and Publisher on 17 January revealed that a man who had befriended Bailey before he was murdered recently told the police he was offered 3,000 dollars by two men linked to Your Black Muslim Bakery to lure Cobb to a place where he would be murdered.On 16 January, Cobb met Oakland police chief Wayne Tucker, who placed him and the informant under protection. The source of this information is journalist Thomas Peele of the Chauncey Bailey Project, an alliance of 25 newspapers, radio stations, journalists association and journalism schools that was formed with the aim of shedding light on Bailey’s murder.One of the project’s participants said financial problems due to a drop in advertising revenues, most of which were created by the atmosphere of fear and uncertainty since the murder, have forced Cobb to let some of his staff go, while other employees have resigned for fear of violence. Cobb has received several death threats since Bailey’s murder. Cobb said six prospective editors to replace Bailey have declined offers to replace Bailey until after the trial or the completion of the case.Bailey was an acknowledged leader of California’s Afro-American community, which views the Oakland Post with respect. Aged 57, he was gunned down on an Oakland street in broad daylight on 2 August 2007 by a masked man dressed in black, just a few yards away from the city’s law courts and three blocks away from the Post’s offices, while Cobb was walking towards Bailey. Nothing was taken from Bailey.Five days later, the police arrested Devaughndre Broussard, 19, an employee of Your Black Muslim Bakery, which runs a network of community bakeries, a security company and several schools. Broussard initially confessed to killing Bailey because of his negative articles about the organisation. But then he retracted, and pleaded not guilty during his latest court appearance on 24 January. His trial is not expected to take place until the summer.Those to close Bailey say that, prior to his death, he was investigating some allegations of Police wrongdoing as well as Your Black Muslim Bakery, and its founder and leader, Yusuf Bey IV, who is suspected of involvement in protection rackets, murders and kidnappings. Bey is the son of a Black Muslim leader but his organisation is not affiliated to the Nation of Islam.Bailey had reportedly discovered that Your Black Muslim Bakery was in practice under the control of a gang. The firearm that killed him had allegedly already been used by Bey. Some press reports have talked of ties of friendship of Bey and Derwin Longmire, the police officer in charge of the Bailey murder investigation. Help by sharing this information to go further NSO Group hasn’t kept its promises on human rights, RSF and other NGOs say News April 28, 2021 Find out more