June 21, 2021
  • 7:30 am Committee reaffirms mandatory denominational health plan
  • 7:27 am Rapidísimas
  • 7:23 am Video: Presiding Bishop Curry on World Refugee Day
  • 7:22 am Episcopalians approach Donald Trump’s inauguration with prayer
  • 7:20 am Episcopal racial reconciliation event draws large crowd in Lexington, Virginia

first_imgFormer Republic of Ireland striker Niall Quinn says he wished Seamus Coleman has signed for Manchester United. Quinn admitted facing the wrath of Everton supporters but said he wished a deal had been made between the two clubs which would’ve seen Coleman on his way to Old Trafford.There had been strong speculation that Louis Van Gaal was interested in the Donegal man and a numerous reports had been filtered through the mainstream media in the UK. However, a move never materialized and Coleman looks set to remain at Goodison Park – although there is still plenty of time left in the transfer window.Former Manchester City and Arsenal star Quinn admitted he would’ve loved to see Coleman make the move as he believes the Ireland full-back should be playing at the highest level possible.Quinn said, “I’d love to have seen Seamus Coleman make the move to Old Trafford.“I know the Everton fans won’t thank me for saying it, but I really do believe he deserves to be playing at the highest level. “There has been strong speculation linking him with a move which prompted Roberto Martinez to say he wouldn’t sell Coleman for any less than £25 million.“I do wish he had moved though, because he deserves to be playing at the highest level which is the Champions League and it would help the Republic of Ireland to have a player operating at that level.FORMER IRELAND STAR WISHED SEAMUS COLEMAN HAD SIGNED FOR MANCHESTER UNITED was last modified: August 6th, 2015 by Mark ForkerShare this:Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)Click to share on LinkedIn (Opens in new window)Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)Click to share on Pocket (Opens in new window)Click to share on Telegram (Opens in new window)Click to share on WhatsApp (Opens in new window)Click to share on Skype (Opens in new window)Click to print (Opens in new window) Tags:newsNiall QuinnsoccerSportlast_img read more

READ MORE

first_imgAustralia continues to be a “desirable and aspirational” destination for travellers, according to the Tourism and Transport Forum (TTF), with international arrivals increasing 9.6 percent in September 2012 compared to the same period last year.According to the latest visitor numbers, arrivals from key markets picked up during September this year after a decline in July and August.New Zealand “rebounded strongly”, increasing by 16.8 percent compared to September 2011, while visitors from China and the United States picked up by 26.5 percent and 13.1 percent over the same period.TTF director of aviation policy Justin Wastnage said the increase underlines Australia’s appeal to an international audience and the contribution tourism can make to the national economy. “Tourists spend $260 million every day, supporting the direct and indirect employment of more than 900,000 Australians – four times more than the mining sector,” Mr Wastnage explained. “Each Australian household would pay $500 more in tax each year without the contribution from the tourism industry.”Mr Wastnage added that despite a strong increase in Asian arrivals, it was important Australia continued to facilitate growth from the region.“Getting more first-time Asian visitors to Australia is crucial to encouraging the repeat visitation the tourism industry needs to grow yield in the visitor economy and to reach the Tourism 2020 target,” he said. “We also need to continue to improve the alignment between Tourism Australia’s marketing activities and expansion in China and other Australian agencies internationally.” Source = e-Travel Blackboard: N.Jlast_img read more

READ MORE