May 17, 2021
  • 5:49 pm Comment: Will the government HR policy please stand up?
  • 5:48 pm Training the labour force
  • 5:47 pm EOC wants dads’ rights extended
  • 5:47 pm Flexibility pays off
  • 5:47 pm HR urged to champion racial cause

first_imgReal Madrid have made an opening inquiry about the availability of Arsenal captain Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang, according to a report in France Football.Advertisement The striker is out of contract in 2021 so the North London club are likely to cash-in on him rather than risk losing him on a free transfer. Promoted ContentThe Best Tarantino Movie YetPlaying Games For Hours Can Do This To Your Body7 Universities In The World With The Highest Market Value9 Movie Scenes That Got Re-Shot Because Viewers Didn’t Like ThemThe Highest Paid Football Players In The World7 Most Asntonishing Train Stations In The WorldBest Car Manufacturers In The World20 Facts That’ll Change Your Perception Of “The Big Bang Theory”Who Is The Most Powerful Woman On Earth?The Very Last Bitcoin Will Be Mined Around 2140. Read MoreWhich Country Is The Most Romantic In The World?You’ve Only Seen Such Colorful Hairdos In A Handful Of Anime The Gunners would be demanding a fee in the region of €55m for the striker who has been prolific for the club since his January 2018 switch from the Bundesliga, scoring 61 goals in 96 appearances.Aubameyang has been linked to both Madrid and Barcelona at various points throughout this campaign, with both El Clasico clubs said to be keen to bolster their attacking options.center_img Read Also: Ideye reveals why he was dropped from 2014 World Cup squadLast month, a report in Diario Sport claimed that star striker Aubameyang would be willing to force a move to the Camp Nou this summer and he looks increasingly likely to exit the North London club.It is said by the report that the Blaugrana met with the 30-year-old’s representatives back in January when they became aware of a long-term injury to Luis Suarez.FacebookTwitterWhatsAppEmail分享 Loading… last_img read more

READ MORE

first_img Published on December 5, 2011 at 12:00 pm Comments Red zoneRed zone offense was not the culprit behind the first two Syracuse losses in this five-game meltdown. In fact, the Orange was borderline impressive inside the 20 against Louisville and Connecticut, scoring touchdowns on four of six possessions.But against South Florida, Cincinnati and Pittsburgh, it seemed that the closer the Orange got to the end zone, the harder it got to put points on the board.In that span, Syracuse reached the red zone on 11 possessions. And of those 11, SU came off the field scoreless (four times) more than it produced touchdowns (three).What’s worse, those ugly numbers don’t even include a single turnover. Instead, the Orange simply stopped itself. SU only produced 10 points on five red zone drives against USF and failed to score from inside the 20 on three consecutive possessions at the end of the game thanks to drops by receivers. Against Cincinnati, Syracuse punched it into the end zone on just one-of-three such drives.AdvertisementThis is placeholder textAnd in the final episode of this collapse at Pittsburgh on Saturday, SU twice moved the ball inside the 10 only to settle for field goals in the 13-point loss.A lack of red zone efficiency may not have been the initial trigger to set off the losing streak, but it was one of the keys that kept it going.SecondaryIt was ominous right from the start. From the first few days of training camp back in August, the Syracuse secondary was hampered with problems. And up until the last week of the season those problems never stopped.Three of the slated starters for the 2011 season suffered an injury at some point in camp. Keon Lyn (dislocated shoulder), Shamarko Thomas (concussion) and Phillip Thomas (fractured jaw) all missed at least a portion of preseason practice.And when the regular season began, it was no better. Lyn, Shamarko Thomas and Olando Fisher all missed time with injuries, Phillip Thomas received a one-year suspension for an undisclosed violation of athletics department policy and, finally, Lyn was sent home from Pittsburgh for conduct detrimental to the team.It all culminated in a 5-7 record, and the poor play of the secondary was one big reason why. The Orange secondary ranked 98th in the country in pass defense, allowing 258.25 yards per game.Tanner Price, Matt Barkley and B.J. Daniels all torched the defense throughout the year. And standout wide receivers Chris Givens, Robert Woods and Eric Page found it easy to tear apart the secondary with no cornerback or safety able to shut down the star from the opposing team.It was by far the weakest part of the defensive unit for the Orange in 2011.Field positionSteve Rene’s job as Syracuse’s punt returner this season was just to catch the ball.Most of the time SU forced a punt, Rene ended the play with a fair catch. Sometimes he called for them inside the 10-yard line. And he only returned 10 punts in 12 games, with his longest return going for a futile 6 yards.After Syracuse’s season-ending loss to Pittsburgh, head coach Doug Marrone talked about field position as one of the issues that crushed the Orange in key spots. Only three (Kentucky, New Mexico, Notre Dame) of 119 other Football Bowl Subdivision teams finished with fewer total punt return yards than Syracuse’s 37.On the other side, the Orange entered the season with a competition for punting duties between junior Shane Raupers and freshman Jonathan Fisher. Raupers won in the preseason, but Fisher took the job over a few games into the season. But Fisher had three punts go for 25 yards or less in a loss to Connecticut. The next week, his first punt to South Florida was shanked out of bounds after 11 yards.On kick returns, Dorian Graham provided a marquee moment in the season when he took a kick back for a score in SU’s 49-23 win over then-No. 11 West Virginia. But primary kick returner Jeremiah Kobena was never able to break one and was stopped inside SU’s own 20 too many times.—Compiled by The Daily Orange Sports staff, [email protected]center_img Facebook Twitter Google+last_img read more

READ MORE

first_imgJunior featherweight world champion Guillermo Rigondeaux was stripped of one of his 122-pound title belts because of inactivity.The WBO world championship committee voted unanimously at its 28th annual convention, which is taking place in Orlando, Florida, this week, to vacate the belt, rejecting Rigondeaux’s plea in a “show cause” letter the organization had asked him to provide stating his case to remain champion.READ: AL-SMITH –  Why is everyone avoiding talented Rigondeaux? Rigondeaux (15-0, 10 KOs), 35, is a two-time Cuban Olympic gold medalist who defected and now lives in Miami. He won the WBO’s version of the title when he outpointed Nonito Donaire to unify it with his WBA belt in April 2013. But Rigondeaux has only fought three times since.He has not boxed since Dec. 31 in Japan, where he was knocked down twice in the seventh round by unknown Japanese challenger Hisashi Amagasa before rallying for an 11th-round knockout victory.The WBO sent Rigondeaux and his promoter, Caribe Promotions, a letter Oct. 7 directing them to “show cause” as to why he should not be stripped of his title because, under WBO rules, it has the unilateral discretion to vacate a title “if the champion fails to defend his title within a nine-month period.” With Rigondeaux idle for 10 months and nothing in the works, the WBO followed its rules and stripped him of the title. To fill the vacant title, the WBO will order on Thursday a fight between Mexico’s Cesar Juarez (17-3, 13 KOs), No. 1 in the organization’s ratings, and No. 2 Donaire (35-3, 23 KOs).Top Rank, which promotes Donaire and used to co-promote Rigondeaux, is making plans to put Juarez-Donaire on its truTV-televised card Dec. 11 at a site to be determined.In the Rigondeaux/Caribe response to the WBO “show cause” order, they argued in an Oct.16 letter that Rigondeaux should be granted an exception because of a “lack of appropriate available opponents willing to fight” and that “it would be an abuse of discretion to vacate because Mr. Rigondeaux has never failed to defend against the mandatory challenger.”In its ruling, the WBO said it was “not moved to consider the reasons contained therein to constitute ’cause’ for Mr. Rigondeaux’s failure to comply with our regulations for world championship contests.” The WBO further said in its ruling that “this committee shares Team Rigondeaux’s opinion that he is a fighter of utmost skill and pedigree, a gifted athlete that is not only perhaps the greatest amateur boxer ever, but also one of the top pound-for-pound professionals in the world, and we also recognize that Mr. Rigondeaux’s talent, record of accomplishment and complicated style, invariably pose difficulties securing premium fights on the top-tier stage.But that it is the boxing promoter’s paramount responsibility — not ours or that of any sanctioning organization for that matter — to secure, organize, and produce such fights.”However, Rigondeaux remains WBA super-bantamweight champion–Follow Joy Sports on Twitter: @Joy997FM. Our hashtag is #JoySportslast_img read more

READ MORE