ULSTER Bank is to close its Moville branch, the controversial bank said today.A total of 37 jobs will go across Moville and 13 other branches on a hit list released today by the bank’s public relations department.A further ten branches are to be closed in the North. The bank claimed the decision to close any branch is made on a case-by-case basis, based on local information.“Banking has changed significantly over the last few years as more and more of our customers are using digital technology to bank with us where and when it is convenient for them. As a result, only 13% of transactions happen in branches in the Republic of Ireland,” the bank said in a statement.“We continue to invest in a range of channels to respond to how our customers prefer to do their banking,” the statement added.The branches to close are located in Athboy, Co Meath; Ballinrobe, Co Mayo; Ashbourne, Co Meath; Athy, Co Kildare; Castleblaney, Co Monaghan; Castlerea, Co Roscommon; Clones, Co Monaghan; Croom, Co Limerick; Ferbane, Co Offaly; Loughrea, Co Galway; Manorhamilton, Co Leitrim; Moville, Co Donegal; Roscrea, Co Tipperary and Wicklow town in Co Wicklow. Ulster Bank said it had written to customers in Inishowen and said it was also “communicating directly with staff” in the Moville branch.Ulster Bank is part of the controversial RBS Group which has faced huge fines recently.It was also under fire amid claims to deliberately put some companies out of business. JOB LOSSES AS ULSTER BANK TO CLOSE MOVILLE BRANCH was last modified: November 21st, 2014 by John2Share this:Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)Click to share on LinkedIn (Opens in new window)Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)Click to share on Pocket (Opens in new window)Click to share on Telegram (Opens in new window)Click to share on WhatsApp (Opens in new window)Click to share on Skype (Opens in new window)Click to print (Opens in new window) Tags:closureLossesmovilleulster bank
Travellers International Hotel Group sets tender price for shares in privatization push Resorts World Manila operator announces plans to delist, go private Travellers aiming to delist from Philippine Stock Exchange on 21 October Melco Resorts & Entertainment (Philippines) Corporation (MRP) has changed its mind on a previously announced decision to delist from the Philippine Stock Exchange (PSE). However, the company will proceed with a voluntary tender offer for almost 1.6 billion publically-owned and MRP common shares.In a Friday filing, MRP said it had formally withdrawn its application to delist, although it failed to provide a reason for its change of heart. MRP had previously noted that under PSE rules, the company would need to obtain at least 95% of outstanding stock to delist. RelatedPosts Load More Nevertheless, MRP said it would proceed with the voluntary tender off “for the purpose of increasing the bidder’s shareholding interest in the issuer, instead of for the purpose of voluntary delisting of MRP.”Originally scheduled to commence on 22 October 2018, the new commencement date will be included in MRP’s amended tender offer report.