Tags: Gate D/Red Zone Fan Fest/Rice-Eccles Stadium/Utah athletics Written by July 30, 2019 /Sports News – Local Utah Athletics Hosts The Red Zone Fan Fest August 17 Brad James FacebookTwitterLinkedInEmailSALT LAKE CITY-Saturday August 17, University of Utah athletics hosts the annual Red Zone Fan Fest at the south plaza at Rice-Eccles Stadium.Admission and parking are free for all attendees.All 19 varsity, intercollegiate athletic programs at the university will be represented at this event.Concession stands will be open with food available for purchase and food trucks will also be parked on the concourse.Fans may park in the west parking lot and should enter through the main west gate of the stadium. Gate D will serve as the main entrance. The event will occur regardless of possible inclement weather.
The president had a working breakfast this morning with NATO’s secretary general.President Trump was asked for his reaction to the royal scandal involving Prince Andrew. Trump says he has never met the prince and probably won’t today.In a B-B-C interview, Virginia Roberts Giuffre says Jeffrey Epstein forced her to have sex with the prince when she was 17 three times.She says the photo of her with the prince is authentic and she gave it to the FBI. She also called his dancing hideous and claimed he sweated all over her.In an earlier interview, Prince Andrew declared he had a condition that prevented him from sweating.The president is also scheduled to attend a reception today at Buckingham Palace hosted by Queen Elizabeth. President Trump is on London today for a NATO world leaders summit.
Associated Press April 1, 2020 The flame arrived in Japan from Greece on March 20 and the torch relay was to have started last week from Fukushima. The flame has remained in the prefecture with Wednesday’s event merely ceremonial.The Fukushima prefecture is the region of Japan that was devastated in 2011 by an earthquake, tsunami, and the subsequent meltdown of three nuclear reactors.Olympic officials have postponed the Tokyo Games until next year with the opening now set for July 23, 2021.___More AP sports: https://apnews.com/apf-sports and https://twitter.com/AP_Sports,Tampa Bay Lightning advance to face Dallas Stars in Stanley Cup finals, beating New York Islanders 2-1 in OT in Game 6 ___English soccer authorities say there are “no quick answers” to the question of when play can resume following the coronavirus outbreak.The Premier League, English Football League and Football Association say in a joint statement there will be play “only when it is safe to do so.”They say clubs and supporters have a role to play in the meantime “in supporting the government’s guidance and ensuring community strength and solidarity.”The most recent update from soccer authorities said there will be no play until April 30 at the earliest. A leading fan group at Neman Grodno says its members will stop attending games and they have urged supporters for other teams to do the same.The fans have called on the national soccer federation to “draw on some courage and stop the Belarusian championship, as the rest of the world has done.”Fans of Shakhter Soligorsk have also said they will stop going to games “until the epidemiological situation allows us to return to the stands.” But they stopped short of calling for the season to be suspended.Belarus is the only nation in Europe still hosting professional soccer games with fans in the stadium.International players’ union FIFPro says players in Belarus have reached out with concerns about playing during the coronavirus pandemic. Share This StoryFacebookTwitteremailPrintLinkedinRedditThe Latest on the effects of the coronavirus outbreak on sports around the world:___Soccer fans from two clubs in Belarus say they will stop going to games because of the coronavirus. The Latest: Soccer fans in Belarus to stop attending games ___A hockey team and a soccer club in Russia face being removed from their leagues after government financial support was diverted to fight the coronavirus.The sports ministry in the far eastern region of Primorsky Krai says it sees no point in funding player contracts for another season if it’s not clear when competitions will resume. It wants the Admiral Vladivostok hockey club to drop out of the Kontinental Hockey League and the Luch Vladivostok soccer team to drop down two divisions into the amateur leagues.The ministry says regional funding earmarked for professional sports will instead go into an anti-coronavirus fund.Many Russian sports team rely heavily on regional governments and state-owned companies for much of their funding. Primorsky Krai is the first region to impose such drastic cuts. All major sporting events in Russia are currently suspended.___The Olympic flame will be on display until the end of April in Japan’s northeastern prefecture of Fukushima.Tokyo Olympic and prefecture officials held an official “handover ceremony”on Wednesday at the J-Village National Training Center in Fukushima.The public will have limited access to view the flame, and organizers hope to limit the crowd size because of restrictions in place for the coronavirus.
Moylan, 40, last played for the Braves in 2018 but only appeared in 39 games and pitched 28.1 innings. He has also had stints with with Dodgers and Royals during his 11-year career. Related News Red Sox sign formerly banned RP Jenrry Mejia to minor-league deal, report says Mejia, 29, was permanently suspended from MLB in 2016 for testing positive for steroids multiple times when he was a member of the Mets. However, he was reinstated in 2018. He didn’t make any appearances for New York last season and was released by the team in November.Prior to being banned, Mejia posted a 3.65 ERA with 28 saves during the 2014 season. Hows my offseason going? This guy had a lifetime ban and still signed before me!!! #wtf https://t.co/NhzCAiePbT— Peter Moylan (@PeterMoylan) January 30, 2019″Hows my offseason going? This guy had a lifetime ban and still signed before me!!!” Moylan wrote. Peter Moylan is less than pleased with Boston’s recent acquisition.The free-agent relief pitcher ripped the Red Sox after the team signed formerly banned right-handed pitcher Jenrry Mejia to a minor-league deal on Tuesday, tweeting his frustrations about the controversial signing.