June 25, 2021
  • 5:29 am Rugby book Review – Once We Were Lions
  • 5:28 am Crusaders missing All Blacks trio
  • 5:27 am Rugby Rant: Abusive tweets have no place in rugby
  • 5:25 am Who should be in and out of the England squad for the Autumn Tests?
  • 7:30 am Committee reaffirms mandatory denominational health plan

first_imgConway acknowledged differences with her husband but said the two agreed about caring for their children.”We disagree about plenty but we are united on what matters most: the kids. Our four children are teens and ‘tweens starting a new academic year, in middle school and high school, remotely from home for at least a few months,” she said in a statement.Conway, who has been involved in leading the administration’s efforts to address opioid addiction, has recently been a part of the president’s coronavirus task force and an advocate for reopening schools.George Conway, a conservative lawyer who co-founded the Lincoln Project, said he remained passionate about its mission.In a public feud with Kellyanne Conway’s spouse last year, Trump called him a “wack job” and a “husband from hell”, prompting George Conway to say Trump was mentally unfit for his office.  Topics : The announcements by the couple came after their 15-year-old daughter, Claudia, said on Twitter that she was seeking “emancipation.” Claudia has been an outspoken critic on social media about her parents’ views.Kellyanne Conway has been one of Trump’s longest-serving aides in a White House that has experienced multiple waves of turnover and personnel drama during the former New York businessman’s time in office.”It will be a big hole, a big blow to us,” White House chief of staff Mark Meadows told CBS News in an interview on Monday. He said the decision “was all about making a priority for family. That’s what this president is all about. That’s what Kellyanne Conway’s about.”Trump trails Biden in public opinion polls ahead of the election. The president’s campaign is hoping to regain momentum during the four-day Republican National Convention, starting on Monday, at which Conway has said she was slated to speak.center_img Kellyanne Conway’s departure from the White House comes at an inopportune time for President Donald Trump, who will be losing one of his most vocal advocates and loyal aides just months before an election expected to be close.Conway, a counselor to the president and former campaign manager, said late Sunday that she would step down from her White House position to focus on her family life, which has been thrust into the public sphere because of sharp disagreements with her husband, George, over Trump’s fitness for office.George Conway also said he was taking a break from his Twitter account and stepping back from his role in the Lincoln Project, a group that is working to defeat the Republican president in his Nov. 3 election contest against Democrat Joe Biden.last_img read more

READ MORE

first_imgThe NBA board of governors voted Thursday to approve a 22-team format to restart the 2019-20 season in Orlando, Florida, the league announced.The vote was 29-1, with the Portland Trail Blazers voting against the proposal. According to ESPN’s Adrian Wojnarowski, the NBA’s Board of Governors has approved a 22-team format for restarting the league season in late July at the Disney campus near Orlando, Florida.last_img

READ MORE

first_imgSidney Crosby, right, is congratulated by teammate Patric Hornqvist after scoring against the Toronto Maple Leafs during the first period of an NHL hockey game, Saturday, Oct. 11, 2014 in Toronto. (AP Photo/The Canadian Press, Frank Gunn)TORONTO (AP) – Sidney Crosby and Pittsburgh Penguins made fast work of the Toronto Maple Leafs.Crosby had a goal and two assists, all on the power play, for his second straight three-point game and the Penguins beat the Maple Leafs 5-2 on Saturday night.“(We) had a long summer, had a lot of time to think about last year,” Crosby said. “We’re all pretty excited to get started. I think everybody’s excited to get started, but it’s nice to see it translate into a couple wins.”Patric Hornqvist, Chris Kunitz, Evgeni Malkin and Brandon Sutter also scored for Pittsburgh, which got a solid showing in goal from Marc-Andre Fleury. Malkin also had a three-point night, with a pair of assists.The line of Crosby, Hornqvist and Kunitz finished with six points and the Penguins went 3-for-5 on the power play. Crosby had two goals and an assist in the Penguins’ season-opening win over Anaheim.Hornqvist was acquired, along with Nick Spaling, from the Nashville Predators for James Neal in June.“(Hornqvist) competes hard, goes to the net hard,” Crosby said. “He’s got a great shot so I think between the three of us we try to dig loose pucks out, go to the net and generate chances.”Joffrey Lupul and Tyler Bozak scored for Toronto. The Maple Leafs lost their home opener 4-3 to Montreal on a late goal Wednesday night.“We have to find our game,” Maple Leafs captain Dion Phaneuf said. “The bottom line is we have to be a lot better. Tonight, we got beat in all aspects of the game. They were harder on pucks, they were better in their special teams than we were.Toronto’s James Van Riemsdyk and Pittsburgh’s Simon Despres had a brief fight with 33 seconds remaining.Pittsburgh, which led 3-0 after the first period, outshot Toronto 41-25.Leafs scoring star Phil Kessel’s sluggish start continued with three trips to the penalty box, although one was a bench minor for too many men on the ice.Hornqvist opened the scoring at 6:44 on Pittsburgh’s second shot, pouncing on Christian Ehrhoff’s shot from the point that bounced back off the end boards and firing a shot through Jonathan Bernier’s legs.There was more of the same at 7:44, 14 seconds into Kessel’s hooking penalty. Kris Letang’s shot from the point flew just wide of the left post and bounced off the boards behind the goal back out past the right post where a cruising Crosby beat Stephane Robidas to the puck and slapped it in.Kunitz, camped in front of goal with two Leafs in the box, made it 3-0 at 17:46 when he redirected a Crosby’s feed from near the side boards.NOTES: The game was first of 18 sets of back-to-back games for the Leafs. They play Sunday in New York against the Rangers. Toronto was 13-18-1 in back-to-back games last season … Pittsburgh defenseman Scott Harrington did not play after being recalled Friday from Wilkes-Barre/Scranton of the AHL.last_img read more

READ MORE

first_imgARCADIA, Calif. (March 24, 2017)–In his first dance on grass, trainer Mark Glatt’s Law Abidin Citizen relaxed well and responded with a game head victory over favored Rockin Rudy in Friday’s $56,000 allowance feature at Santa Anita.  Ridden by Jamie Theriot, Law Abidin Citizen negotiated 6 ½ furlongs down the hillside turf course in 1:12.72.Breaking from post position three in a field of six 3-year-olds, Law Abidin Citizen, who came off a second place finish in the Grade II, seven furlong San Vicente Stakes here on Feb. 12, sat a close third behind dueling leaders Rockin Rudy and Elwood J down the hill, swung three-wide at the dirt crossing turning for home and out-gamed the favorite while hand ridden to the wire.“I thought he’d take to the grass,” said Theriot, who has ridden the Twirling Candy gelding in his last three starts.  “The idea today was to keep him relaxed early and keep him within striking distance.  He’s the type of horse that when he makes the lead, he’ll shut it down a little, so I kept him engaged.  He’s a nice horse.”Overlayed at 5-2, Law Abidin Citizen paid $7.00, $2.80 and $2.40.  Owned by Dan Agnew, Gerry Schneider and John Xitco, he improved his overall record to 7-2-2-2.  With the winner’s check of $33,600, he increased his earnings to $134,200.When asked if Law Abidin Citizen would remain on turf for the time being, Glatt responded, “Probably so.  We’ll probably try to stretch him out now.  It seemed like he was pretty relaxed.  He got floated out pretty wide, but he finished up good.”Ridden by Mario Gutierrez, Rockin Rudy, who was hammered down to even money off a 2-1 morning line, finished 1 ¼ lengths in front of Elwood J and paid $2.40 and $2.10.California-bred Elwood J, ridden by Rafael Bejarano, finished 4 ¾ lengths in front of Interrogator and paid $2.60 to show.Fractions on the race were 21.78, 43.89 and 1:06.66.last_img read more

READ MORE

first_imgJOB VACANCY: Gartan Technologies, an award-winning Software Development Company that continues to expand through their product offerings and customer base; locally, nationally and internationally are looking to recruit. Gartan Technologies are looking to recruit experienced Software Developers to join their growing team in Letterkenny.The successful candidates will be part of our Software Development Team helping to deliver a variety of software projects to meet the expanding needs of the business. Skills and Experience:Commercial experience with VB.NET, C# and ASP.NET development.Strong SQL & MS SQL Server Database development.Strong knowledge of Web Services and Browser Technologies.Experience in XML, HTML, CSS, JavaScript/JQuery.Solid understanding of OO methodologies and software development.Desired:Experience working in Agile Development Methodologies.Experience in developing Android and iOS apps.Personal:Excellent analytical and problem solving skills.Excellent time management skills with the ability to prioritise assignments and to work to individual and team deadlines.Good verbal and written communications skills.Enjoy working in a fast paced environment with enthusiastic colleagues.Our offer to you: A fast paced, stimulating, friendly work environment.The opportunity to develop and grow professionally as a Software Developer.An excellent overall package including a competitive salary commensurate with experience.Send your CV together with a Cover Letter via email to: [email protected] date is noon, Friday, August 7th, 2015.All applications will be dealt with promptly and in the strictest of confidence.JOB VACANCIES: DONEGAL COMPANY SEEKING TO RECRUIT SENIOR SOFTWARE DEVELOPERS was last modified: July 10th, 2015 by Mark ForkerShare this:Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)Click to share on LinkedIn (Opens in new window)Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)Click to share on Pocket (Opens in new window)Click to share on Telegram (Opens in new window)Click to share on WhatsApp (Opens in new window)Click to share on Skype (Opens in new window)Click to print (Opens in new window) Tags:jobsnewslast_img read more

READ MORE

first_imgDown 2-0 … Susanville >> The College of the Redwoods softball team got a seventh-inning home run from Shannon Palmer en route to a doubleheader sweep over Lassen College on Friday in Susanville.Down 2-1 in the seventh inning of game one, CR tied the game and then took the lead when Palmer went yard to give CR a 3-2 lead. Courntey Christensen retired Lassen in the ninth to pick up the win and secure the game one victory.Redwoods’ Shyann Ubedei went 2-for-3 with a double and an RBI.last_img

READ MORE

first_imgFlorida Solar Energy Center offers a 12-week Webinar designed to help building professionals and homebuyers sort through details of zero-energy constructionBeginning next month, the Florida Solar Energy Center, a research and training department of the University of Central Florida, will present a 12-session online course designed to help builders, contractors, designers, educators, energy auditors, energy raters, engineers, prospective homebuyers, and utility representatives familiarize themselves with strategies for constructing and operating zero-energy homes.The series of sessions, which begins June 3 with a course titled “Defining a Zero Energy Green Home,” is spread out over 22 weeks and covers subjects such as design fundamentals, highly efficient water heating systems, key characteristics of NZEH windows and walls, HVAC systems, PV system strategies, selecting appliances, and monitoring and operating techniques.The sessions are presented by FSEC staff and include video case studies. The cost of each course is $69. Click here for the registration page; click here for a PDF of the course brochure.last_img read more

READ MORE

first_imgThe content of this field is kept private and will not be shown publicly.last_img

READ MORE

first_imgMike Thomas makes a one handed catch.Twitter/@DMoutonWWL Mike Thomas was a key to Ohio State’s 2014 and 2015 offenses, and the 2016 second round pick is already impressing with the New Orleans Saints. During a practice on Friday, Thomas made a phenomenal falling one-handed grab over the top of the defense, on a pass from backup quarterback Luke McCown.Mike Thomas’ tremendous catch. As shot by @sayneykid pic.twitter.com/WISeQWLTJw— Doug Mouton (@DMoutonWWL) July 29, 2016Mike Thomas has quickly earned the trust of Saints quarterback Drew Brees.The future Hall of Famer praised him from the connection the two have developed in a very short time back in June. Brees gave an example of a practice rep, of a route the tandem had not run before, to ESPN:“In fact, I don’t think we’ve ever even talked about it,” Brees said. “But it was one of those where I’m just in the moment, and hey, he’s my guy over there at that position. So I kind of give him a look, give him a signal or whatever, and he goes and makes the play. And ran the route just like I imagined.“So that makes you feel good too. ‘Hey, we’re on the same page even though we haven’t even talked about that yet. You kind of know this offense, you have a feel for the game.’ So I like when I see that stuff out of young guys, where you kind of feel like there’s some instincts there.”Thomas came on strong for Ohio State in 2014, catching 54 passes for 799 yards and nine touchdowns en route to a Buckeye national title. He followed it up with a similar 56 catch, 781 yard, nine touchdown 2015 campaign, despite some turmoil at the quarterback position for OSU. Now, he’s charged with helping replace longtime Brees-favorite Marques Colston, who was released by the Saints this off-season after 10 years with the franchise.last_img read more

READ MORE

first_imgBy Kenneth JacksonAPTN National NewsA former supervisor at the Canadian National Railway says the law firm representing the railroad is trying to get him before a judge this week to “shut me up” for providing the Ontario Police Police with documents he claims show financial irregularities in the company.Lawyer Monique Jilesen of Lenczner Slaght has requested Scott Holmes be in court Friday for violating the deemed undertaking rule, meaning Holmes provided documents to a third party and allegedly wasn’t supposed to.Holmes has provided thousands of documents to OPP since February and during several meetings with detectives from the corruption section of the OPP’s anti-rackets unit.“They want to bring me in front of a judge and shut me up. They say I broke a rule by giving the OPP documents,” said Holmes.Holmes said he’s not concerned and doesn’t believe he violated any rule.Lenczner Slaght is representing CN Rail in the company’s civil suit against Holmes who they fired in 2008 on allegations of fraud. Holmes is countersuing them and CN police. It’s been going on for five years now without reaching trial.The documents Holmes gave to the OPP were from nearly 40,000 documents provided by the Crown as disclosure in CN’s failed pursuit to obtain a criminal conviction for fraud, twice. The charges were stayed by the Crown.APTN reported Tuesday that Holmes claims to have evidence to suggest CN billed GO Transit, a provincial transit company, for work CN never did.That sparked action by the province.Ontario Transport Minister Glen Murray said GO Transit and Metrolinx are taking the allegations “seriously” and are reviewing their books.“I understand they have a team of auditors looking into it. These are just allegations right now; nothing has been proven,” said Murray, in a statement sent to APTN National News. “Go Transit is doing its due diligence. I want to know the facts before I comment further.”Go Transit merged with Metrolinx in 2009.Metrolinx said in a statement it was investigating the allegations.“As soon as GO Transit heard about the allegations an audit was initiated as we consider the allegations serious. We will be able to respond more fully once we have more information in front of us,” said a Metrolinx spokesperson.CN said it adamantly denies any suggestion of impropriety in its management and involvements relating to GO rail projects.The OPP said in an emailed statement that the police force wouldn’t confirm or deny whether it has launched an investigation.“Generally, investigations involving possible corruption can be very sensitive due to the complexity and thoroughness required to ensure that the evidence is followed,” said Sgt. Pierre Chamberland in the email. “Because of the nature of these complaints, it may not be readily apparent what investigative actions are being pursued by police in order to effectively investigate and maintain the integrity and objectivity of the investigation.”CN said it wasn’t aware of any OPP investigation.“CN is not aware of any investigation by the Ontario Provincial Police into such allegations,” said spokesman Mark Hallman in an emailed statement Tuesday. “CN strongly rejects any suggestion of impropriety in its management of GO rail projects.”In its statement, CN said it employs strict accounting procedures and controls.“Mistakes, if any, are identified and corrected. As the work performed by CN on behalf of GO on a fixed-price basis with the work approved in advance and reviewed after completion, there was no risk of GO being overcharged due to any miscoding,” said Hallman.APTN’s story also raised allegations that CN was using partially worn material on GO projects to save cost. A GO source said they would have paid for new material.CN said it’s a common railway practice to use partially worn material it would be “transparent” with GO on [email protected]last_img read more

READ MORE